I've worked as a Software Engineer at Indeed since June 2014. During that time, I've worked on a variety of projects and teams, slowly working myself into a leadership position of a small team of three engineers.
- Manage weekly releases including triage, backlog grooming, and release management.
- Mentor new hires, rotational engineers, and interns.
- Participate in the recruiting process by interviewing candidates (200+), training interviewers, attending college career fairs, and giving on-site candidates demos.
- Lead and participate in design reviews for projects in my product area.
- Built functionality to handle sales-rollout of new incentive structure: handled requirement-light, time-sensitive project, negotiating requirements to ensure that the project was delivered on time.
- Generalized bulk uploads in homegrown CRM. Consolidated disparate upload pages with common UI and workflow, improving user and developer experience.
- Architected and prototyped an initial design for a replacement internal tools portal, allowing distinct web applications to be served with common UI features, navigation, and permissioning logic (ACLs).
Leadership Experience: Indeed University
- Managed a cohort of six individual contributors new to Indeed, providing guidance, mentorship (1x1s), and end-of-quarter evalutations.
- Organized brainstorming sessions, led the brainstorming working group.